(Listed in order from closest deadline onward)
Episteme will consider papers written by undergraduate students in any area of philosophy. Papers are evaluated according to the following criteria: quality of research, depth of philosophic inquiry, creativity, original insight and clarity.
Submissions to be considered should adhere to the following stipulations:
1. Be a maximum of 5,000 words.
2. Combine research and original insight.
3. Include a cover sheet that provides the following information: author’s name, mailing address (current and permanent), email address, telephone number, college or university name, title of submission and word count.
4. Include a works cited page in the Chicago Manual of Style format. Use endnotes rather than footnotes.
5. To allow for a blind review process, the author’s name should not appear on the submission itself.
6. Submissions should be sent electronically, formatted for Microsoft Word. Please send papers and cover sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rolling submissions accepted [Meaning: you can always submit].
Questions should be submitted to The Editors (email@example.com)
Prometheus is always looking for undergraduate students who are willing to submit their articles, essays, reviews, ideas, or comments for our bi-weekly online journal. We accept undergraduate papers on all philosophical topics. Essays written for classes, honors theses, and independent work are welcome. Multiple submissions are allowed.
Please make sure to follow all the directions stated here if you are interested in submitting one of your philosophy papers to Prometheus.
Please make sure to read and follow all the submission requirements. We cannot guarantee your paper will be read if you fail to follow all the requirements:
1. You must be an undergraduate or a graduating senior.
2. Submissions for the online journal do not have a page length requirement. They should be in MLA format with proper citations though. Any submissions must be the original work of the author.
3. Submit an electronic copy of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org in either .doc or .pdf format.
* Please make sure that there are no footnotes in the final paper. Include all notes at the end of the document in their own section. It is also preferable to reference them as (1) instead of superscripts.
* If your paper relies on figures, images, or any similar media, please send all such files as their own attachments, not simply embedded in the document.
4. Please attach a cover page with the following information:
* University or College
* Major or Degree
* Year of Expected Graduation
DO NOT INCLUDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE PAPER ITSELF.
For any other inquiries about submission or the publication status of your essay, please email us at email@example.com.