This was a philosophy professor you should know about. His book, The Practice of Philosophy, is the best short introduction to the subject I know. It is clear he lived a full and rich life, worthy of emulation. I have copied his obituary here. His webpage is well worth exploring.
Old Main, USU
You need a Philosophy T-shirt! For more information, please click here.
ANNOUNCEMENTS* Interested in presenting a paper at an UNDERGRADUATE PHILOSOPHY CONFERENCE or publishing in an UNDERGRADUATE PHILOSOPHY JOURNAL? You should consider it! To see what options are available, both in state and out of state, click here.
PHILOSOPHY BOWLING RESULTS• Is the world eternal? YES
• Do humans have contra-causal free will (i.e., can humans do otherwise)? NO
• Is beauty in the eye of the beholder? YES
• Do humans have souls? YES
• Are there natural rights? YES
• Is it morally permissible to eat meat? NO
• Is the unexamined life worth living? NO
• Is truth subjectivity? YES
• Is virtue necessary for happiness? YES
• Can a computer have a mind? YES
• Can humans know reality as it is in itself? YES
• Is hell other people? YES
• Can art be created accidentally? NO
• Can we change the past? NO
• Are numbers real? NO
• Is it always better to know the truth? YES
roblox free redeem c… on Calling all honorable hum… Alex on Interesting book review, essay… Al on Two views on “Science vs… Cam on Two views on “Science vs… Huenemann on Two views on “Science vs…
- 176,999 hits