Home » Uncategorized » How Machiavellian are you?

How Machiavellian are you?

Find out by taking this short test. I surprised myself with a 63 (“high mach”).

1. Richard Greene says:

55 Low Mach (whew!!!)

2. Jon Adams says:

69! I imagine most poli sci majors like myself would score relatively high on this test ha ha.

44, I am a Low Mach. I’m sure my sympathies with Aristotelian virtue ethics pushed my score down.
    To the question of Machy disposition by major — I double-majored in philosophy and politics in college (my alma mater’s department has since changed its name from ‘politics’ to ‘political science’ – my guess is that they know more now since they have the name ’science’ attached to their discipline.)

4. Mike Otteson says:

69. Doesn’t surprise me too much

5. Doug Beazer says:

Wow, I received a 71! I am the Liberal here, what’s the deal?

6. Jon Adams says:

Maybe it’s related to how liberals are statistically more dishonest ha ha: http://www.examiner.com/a-1419425~Peter_Schweizer__Conservatives_more_honest_than_liberals_.html

7. Jake Housel says:

I scored a 57, that is a fun test!

8. Doug Beazer says:

I just dont believe in offering out trust to everyone. I think I scored high because I have a sort of pessimistic view of the world; yet, I am an idealist. So I guess I believe people will act poorly if they focus on individual needs, but if we focus on the needs of the group, then things work out for the best. Hmmm, does that make me a fan of a dictator/socialist?

9. Adam Huish says:

41! hmmmm seems quite low…