Home » Uncategorized » Finals Week Fun

Finals Week Fun

Will was hoping to organize an end of finals week get-together.  Pizza and a viewing of Monty Python’s ‘Life of Brian’ is what he had in mind, Friday evening.  Here is one of my favorite scenes.

Post here if you are interested, and Will should post further details as he organizes it  (room, time, etc).

1. To all who are interested and visiting this blog from class or wherever else, I am moving for Friday night, as I’ll be tied up Thursday night, and it seems like it might be best for avoiding Next Morning Exam Syndrome.

I don’t have a huge problem with using my own living space, but my television is a paltry 13 inches, and my couch is only so large. I am hoping for a decent library or classroom kind of thing but I have no idea how to go about reserving, or how much to strongarm uncooperative people :) Advice?

Also, if anyone has a specific allergy or overall preference, say so here. Eyeball swelling and plague like rashes will be distracting to conversation and movie viewing, so I’d like to avoid that.

2. Jon Adams says:

Sounds great, I’d love to come.

In the event that you want to watch the movie on campus, I have reserved Main 301 from 5pm-10pm on Friday night for you. It has technology (dvd player and computer) in the room, so you will be able to watch the movie on the big projector screen.
    I think pizza places will deliver to the room!
    Not sure if I will make it, but my vewy gweat fwiend from Wome, Biggus Dickus, might.

4. Thanks for the help! I have no idea whom to contact for reserving rooms, and was looking for Huenemann today (thought I saw him hiding by the river, but I blinked, and it turned out to be a dead body) to ask since he seems to be the Room guru for this.

I’ll call and ask about the pizza delivery.

Does 6 pm sound reasonable to everyone?

I hope he can make it, though no one gets by the Suicide Squad!

By the way, the technology in the room is pretty straight-forward. Next to the computer screen is a little box that has a touch screen. That is where you turn on the projector, adjust volume and select the feed (dvd, computer, etc).

It sounds like fun! I most likely won’t make it, though, as we’re leaving town the next day, and I’m in charge of packing all of the nihilist supplies (French cigarettes, berets, coffee, etc).

7. Don’t forget a grand mustache, in case you encounter some uncooperative Last Men.

8. Final details for the meet up

Old Main room 301, Friday night 6 pm

I’ll be bringing pizza and maybe some cookies, feel free to bring whatever you want along. I’ll try to remember some soda or root beer, but for anyone trying to be sneaky, I do not and will not purchase alcohol, and if I throw you out for having it consider it a light reaction.

So far I have a handful of people going along, ought to be fun. The start time of the film will be flexible if there are some from the Plato class that want to chat a bit. They can legally kick us out at midnight but we don’t have to let the janitors tell anyone ;)

Hopefully I seem of yall there. Until then, best of luck for the rest of finals, good luck on Paper grades (you know Kleiner and Huenemann’s policy, if its not Book of the Week worthy its a B at best haha) and remember to be grammatically correct in heretical political vandalism.

9. “I see some of yall”. Sorry about that.

10. Jon Adams says:

Will, you should make this an event on Facebook. Maybe I can make it an event and advertise it to SHAFT and ask people to bring snacks?

11. I did. Its called Pizza and Python. It should be searchable.

12. I just saw your group. Thanks for the help.

13. Final heads up for anyone coming.

The pizza might be a bit late, perhaps half an hour, so you can be lenient if you want about promptness. I called it in and they said it would be about an hour to hour and a half wait. I’ll have some soda and chips and dip for the mean time if anyone wants to come and chat.

14. Will says:

DISREGARD PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENT!! PIZZA HAS ARRIVED!

15. The party was a smashing success. We got a decent turnout thanks in large part to Jon’s noble efforts, the crowd really seemed to click with the flick, despite some sound issues, and while we waited for others to show up we enjoyed some classic Python sketches on the TyrannyTube.
    I brought plenty of pizza and some soda, and still got cleaned out, which was fine by me. i hope those who attended from here enjoyed it as I did.
    Thanks to everybody.

So glad it went well – great idea William and thanks for taking charge. I really think you students should do more things like this – movies (‘popcorn philosophy’), present papers to each other, have reading groups, etc.
    Have a great break everyone!