Atheist Bake Sale

The USU chapter of SHAFT (secular humanist atheist free thinkers) is hosting a bake sale – Thursday from 11-2 on the TSC patio.  Come by and show your support!

(As a theist, I don’t want to vouch for what they will be putting in the brownies …)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

About Kleiner

Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Utah State University. I teach across the curriculum, but am most interested in continental philosophy, ancient and medieval philosophy as well as Catholic thought, all of which might be summed up as an interest in the ressourcement tradition (returning in order to make progress). I also enjoy spending time thinking about liberal education and its ends.

12 thoughts on “Atheist Bake Sale

1. Kleiner Post author

I have seen atheist bake sales before with two modes of payment: Either money or you can get something for free if you sign a contract selling your soul. From the point of view of SHAFT, though, the money is worth more.

2. Blood_and_Ashes

I am hoping to bake some Almond Chocolate AntiChrist cookies as giveaways. They’ll be perfect for those yes-sayers, those closer to finding das ubermensch, who can say yes to the cookies for their decent taste alongside their strange shape or burn status.
    I’m sure many Last Men will eat them, as they eat anything, while the Lions will detest them simply out of Brownies-for-the-Masses loyalty, but rest assured that many fencesitters and even Last Men will be discouraged by a secret ingredient; The chef in question possesses quite the militant and imposing ‘stache.

3. Blood_and_Ashes

I hope I didn’t come across as hostile, I was merely kidding with Kleiner though I know his fatigue regarding reactionary contrarian posts that might seem similar to mine.

I wanted to take this opportunity to also advertise an upcoming interview with Utah State University President Stan Albrecht that will cover some of the budget concerns, some lighthearted affair (basketball team or whatnot) and also questions that any may want to ask him which will be broadcast live. The interview will occur Friday February 27th (tomorrow) at 2 pm to about 230 pm on USU Fusion HD3 Radio. You can either listen in via HD Radio, through the live internet stream at http://radio.usu.edu which will probably be more practical for those who don’t have the new radios. You can also stop by the radio station (Third Floor of the TSC, room 316 with the Fusion HD3 logo on the window, near a large lobby area and just below the skyroom) and listen in, and there will be refreshments available. Scott Anderson (aka The Professor) is our music director and one of our djs and will be handling the interview during that timeslot.

I apologize to Dr. Huenemann for using his blog to my own devilish and diabolical ends but I thought this could be a worthy listen.

1. Alehe

:Fantastic goods from you, man. TV Schedule Jack of Diamonds I’ve understand your stuff pveuiors to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous TV Schedule Jack of Diamonds informations.

4. Blood_and_Ashes

What guys are you speaking of?

I’m sort of against vaccines (denial of death via technology, but also for potential harm), I haven’t had a flu shot since probably my time in Iraq a few years ago, but I’ve never sent anyone propaganda on it.

5. Blood_and_Ashes

I also don’t know of anyone in SHAFT who would have done that. One of the reasons I admire the group despite not being atheistic is that they are usually quite a sensible group. While they party hardy once in a while most of their meetings aren’t ‘god bashing’ at all, but attempts to understand religious institutions and their interaction with social conditions, or the social conditions themselves.
    So I don’t think they would have sent such propaganda either.

6. Jordan

Kleiner was right to suspect us, I put godless marijuana in the brownies.
    Also, Clay, I am certain that we weren’t the ones who gave you the anti-vaccination propaganda.

7. Clay

Ok cool. At the start of fall semester all the campus clubs gathered on the quad and gave out information. One of the atheist groups gave me anti-vaccination stuff with their own information. I thought it was strange and hurt that particular club’s credibility.